Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cup Cake Balls


These will make you an instant rock star wherever you take them (as I have joked with my cousin) and they are fast and easy to do.

1 pkg. instant cake mix, any flavor.  (my family's favorite is chocolate) red velvet is pretty.
1 can cream cheese frosting- regular size, not whipped
1 bag of melting chocolate, your favorite kind
wax paper
sprinkles or white chocolate to drizzle

1.  Bake cake from mix or scratch and cool completely. 
2.  Crumble into fine consistency in large bowl.
3.  Add cream cheese frosting, I only add a little more than 3/4's of the can.  I like them
more cakey.. but you can add the entire can for a more fudge like center.
4.  Roll into approx. 1" balls and lay on waxed paper.
5.  Chill for several hrs or freeze for 15 min.
6.  Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between.
7.   Dip balls into chocolate with spoon or fork, carefully lay on waxed paper to dry.
8.  Before they dry you can add of dash of sprinkles, or wait until dry and drizzle melted white chocolate over the balls.
9. Place into mini cupcake or candy liners and serve. 
 
Notes:
These keep well for up to a week in the fridge.  I have also rolled the balls and frozen them for several weeks before dipping in chocolate.  They were great!  

1 comment:

  1. Lisa F. told me about your blog and I am so excited! I wanted to tell you that your southwest eggrolls are a huge hit wherever I take them and my kids loved making the cupcake balls...of course they didn't turn out as pretty as yours,but they had a great time making them. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete