Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tricks & Treats Candy Bar Topiary

I wanted to make this last year and ran out of time. I first saw this idea from Dylan's candy bar in NYC. I took this picture quickly with my phone after I finished it, it's larger than the picture shows. Fast and quick and very fun-- if you can keep your family from picking treats off! Lynn took one right off the front- hello? Just keep extra treats around so it's not a temptation to muss up your tree! :)

This would be fun to take to a party, people can just pull treats off. ;) I think a Christmas Tree would be very fun to make- what a fun "anytime gift" this would be. Best part-- it only took about 10 min. to put together.



Candy Bar Topiary

1 foam topiary- any size
pot to serve as a container
stick or bamboo skewer
Assorted mini candy bars
Ribbon bow for a topper
Cute cupcake liners for a topper (opt)
Glue or Satin Pins (I preferred pins, so candy could be removed easily)

Directions:
Staring with the bottom of the topiary, pin mini candy bars in any order, random etc.. all around the tree. Work your way up to the next level overlapping the bottom level slightly. You just don't want to see the pins. I used 2 pins per candy bar. Place in a pot or cute container and fill the bottom of the topiary with loose candy bars. To make this topper, flatten 2 cupcake liners out and snip around the liner edges to help it lie flat. Glue together with a suckers stick or bamboo skewer inside. Insert into the very tip of the topiary. Fuss with it until you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment