Saturday, December 10, 2011

Snowflake Peppermint Bark

I have to credit the blog "Baked by Rachel" for this recipe and idea. It's one of those Pinterest ideas that became obsessive to me. We love peppermint bark and I thought these looked like they could have come out of Williams Sonoma.
After seeing the idea I searched everywhere for the mold. There were lots of silicone snowflake molds, but I wanted that EXACT one, with the pointed ends. And so the obsession began. Rachel had found them at the Christmas Tree stores back east, a store I've been to before and loved. Lynn had just been by one a few weeks earlier before I saw this idea-darn.
Anyway, finally found one on Ebay for $12, waited 3 weeks for it to come from China. I was thrilled! The DAY it came I was at Target and found them in the dollar section.... So what's a girl to do? I bought several more. Now I can bark in bulk ;)




Ingredients:
8 oz. dark or milk chocolate. I like Hershey's dark
8 oz. white chocolate
2 t. veg. oil, divided
1/2 t. peppermint extract, divided
crushed candy canes (I used the candy sticks that come in a box. I like the deep red color)

Any silicone shaped mold you like. Hobby Lobby has several cute ones. Or you can just spread out onto waxed paper and make like regular bark.

Place dark chocolate in bowl with 1 t. veg oil. Melt in microwave at 30 second intervals. Stire well in between. When fully melted add peppermint extract. Stir well and taste. Do you want more? Add another drop of two if you do.

Divide chocolate between the 6 molds with a spoon. Spread evenly and make sure it gets into all the corners. Gently tap on counter to release air bubbles. (You can sprinkle a little candy cane on top if you want) Chill for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.

Repeat process with white chocolate. and evenly pour and spread into corners top of dark chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy. Let it stay in the fridge for at least 2-3 hrs. Remove when fully harden. They peel right out.

Package or store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment