Saturday, December 10, 2011

mIlK & CoOkiEs

I want to serve these again for sure. Milk & Cookies for dessert at our Christmas book club dinner! If you want to feel like a kid again, this dessert will do it. ;) I used really tall glass flutes and dipped the rims in dark chocolate and sprinkles. Fill with cold milk and serve with a giant cookie- recipe below. These are really tall flutes, so I attached two paper straws together so they would be tall enough.


Giant Bakery Cookies
The trick I found is to melt the butter, then mix all the ingredients and then CHILL the dough well. then make balls and bake. They were chewy and soft, but if you don't cover them well, the will get slightly crunchy. It's up to you what texture you like.

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar-packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups of your favorite chocolate or chips. I used a mixture chopped dark hersheys bar, milk chips and chopped white chocolate
1-2 cups roughly chopped pecans or your favorite nuts (opt) (Next time I would add more nuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sift flour and baking soda, salt.
Melt butter then cream with sugars until mixed well.
Beat in vanilla, whole egg and yolk until creamy. Mix in the flour mixture until just blended.
CHILL until firm (an hour or longer- you can even chill overnight if you want to make ahead)
Scoop up 1/4 cup amounts and roll into an even ball.
Place on un-greased cookie sheet 3 " apart.
Bake for 15 min. check and bake for a few more minutes if needed.

You want them slightly under done for a chewy texture-- but not raw. If you find them not quite done after they have cooled you can pop them back in the oven for a few minutes. Cool completely then package in airtight container or wrap individually tightly in plastic wrap. These are giant and the perfect size to package in those cute glassine envelopes too. I just discovered the bags fit through the printer :)

2 comments:

  1. I just read through everything--you have been BUSY!! It all looks so incredible, I want to try it all. I'm so glad you post all this so that I can refer back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just come and hang out at your house??? IT looks like I could steal a thousand ideas!!! You are so creative and do everything beautifully!! I really want to live in your neighborhood at Christmas - the get together looks like something out of the movies!! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete