Thursday, January 22, 2009

Magleby's Rolls

I have been making these as long as Elise has been alive.  I got the recipe from a friend in my Provo ward, Sis. Jasperson.  Her husband served in the bishopric with Lynn and he always came to our home dressed as Santa at Christmas.  Sis. Jasperson is an amazing women and I remember loving her rolls, along with her berry syrup... wow.  This recipe is easy to adapt or to double, triple, etc..  I once made 150.

Homemade Roll recipe for 12 or 12 Rhodes Texas size frozen rolls
1/2 cup melted butter.  (the original recipe calls to add 1/2 cup mayo to the butter, but I skip this step)
1/2-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
dried parsley flakes, garlic salt

Shape dough into balls or thaw Rhodes rolls just until soft, you don't want them to start rising. Dip entire ball into melted butter and or mayo mixture.  Roll entire ball in cheese.  Lay on baking sheet sprayed with Pam, several inches apart.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley flakes.  Let rise and bake according to roll recipe or directions.  These are amazing served warm, but great at room temp too.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment