Saturday, December 10, 2011

Flavored Butters

These are three favorite flavored butters I made for a dinner at my house. Cranberry butter, Honey butter, bacon chive butter. I like to use Land O Lakes whipped butter. It's really easy to mix and light.

Cranberry Butter:
I mixed 3 T. or so of cranberry nut relish from Harry and David's into 1/2 a tub of softened whipped butter. Mix well and spread in a crock or pipe for individual servings. I piped these on tiny butter plates as well. Remove 30 min. before serving to soften. If you can't get a hold of Harry and David's any cranberry chutney that is slightly sweet would work. I love the little nuts in this one though.

Honey Butter:
I like Cox's creme honey. My sister got my hooked on it last Thanksgiving when she made killer Honey butter.
Mix 3 T. or so of cremed honey with 1/2 tub softened whipped butter. Spread in container or crock and chill. Remove 30 min. before serving to soften a bit.

Bacon Chive Butter:
I use turkey bacon because it's not greasy. Microwave 3 strips of Oscar Meyer turkey bacon until crispy. Chop into tiny pieces and stir into 1/2 tub of whipped butter. Stir in 1 T. or so of chives or finely diced green onions.

These all keep up to a week covered in the fridge. You can mix any flavors, using the whipped butter makes it super easy and quick to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment