Friday, February 20, 2009

VooDoo Salad (Rumbi Grill)


Heather Skanchy introduced this salad to me at Rumbi Grill years ago... I loved it and decided to try and make it at home because I was having it so much.  I'm like that, I get hooked on things...  right now my obsession is Cafe Rio Grilled Chicken Salad. (see recipe below)  I could have it every day.  My cousin Kristi and I have had this conversation many times.... This VooDoo salad is a favorite of mine and said cousin... Give it a try sometime, it's addictive!

Salad:
Bagged field or mixed greens
Handful of grape tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
Handful of Feta cheese, crumbled
Two handfuls crispy fried corn tortilla strips
2 jerk grilled chicken breasts
Sesame seeds
1.  Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning or sauce while thawing. 
2.  Cut tortillas into thin strips and fry in a few tablespoons of oil, or bake
3.  Grill or pan fry chicken in a tiny bit of olive oil.  Seasoning will naturally blacken chicken.
4.  Let chicken set for 5 min. before slicing thin on the diagonal.
5.  Mix greens with about ingredients.  Dress right before serving.

Spicy Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette:
3 t. chili garlic sauce
2 t. lime juice
2 t. Dijon mustard
2 t. fresh minced ginger
2 t. fresh minced garlic
2 T. white sugar
1/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
1/4 c. sesame oil
Combine all ingredients in blender except sesame oil.  With blender on low speed, slowly drizzle in oil until mixed.  Makes 2 cups.

For each serving:
1-2 cups salad
1 T. crumbled Feta
grape tomatoes or 1-2 T. diced tomatoes
2 T. dressing (or more)
1 c. sliced or diced chicken
2 T corn strips (I add more)
Sprinkle of sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment