Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bon Appetit


I recently saw Julie and Julia and really enjoyed it-with the exception of an F-bomb in the middle of it) Why I ask? Why? Anyway, I wished it hadn't ended so quickly, I'd have like to see more. I dragged Lynn with me and he even laughed through it. Meryl Streep nailed the part of Julia Childs.

I don't need to say what a pioneering woman Julia was-everyone knows. She took her passion and plowed ahead with it. She did it because she loved it. It didn't matter if nobody else got it. I remember when she was one of only a few cooks on public television, and watching her on Saturday mornings, then later watching her do some specials with Jacques Pepin. (I've loved him since the time I heard him tell the story about being a school boy and coming home everyday to a hunk of good chocolate and bread his mother had waiting for him.) Mmmmmm.

Anyway, if you get the chance to see the movie, it was delicious and inspiring! (minus the F-bomb) So, after a year of serious dieting, I'm back to my food blog and will try to add some more fun recipes with pictures. I am a salad lover, so I'm sure I'll have more of those. If anyone has fun recipes to share, I'd love 'em! I love talking about and sharing recipes. I am still doing my cookbook (for myself) and it is taking me forever. With the dieting thing, it kept getting pushed to side all year. I mean, with Quincy Jones's Famous Rib recipe, who wants to make them and then take a picture of them and then not eat them?? I'm anxious to finish the book, but who know when that will be?? :)

At any rate, food is glorious, recipe books are addictive, butter is fabulous and as Julia says "Life is the Proper Binge" What a great quote! Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation - I've been wondering if it was good or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input, we weren't sure if we should go see it. But we will be going. I have to say thanks for the Beef Brisket recipe in the ward cookbook. That was the best meat every. Rebekah Boden called me to get the recipe because she couldn't find her cookbook, and said it was delicious. So we had company over and tried it. So easy and so yummy. You are amazing. Thanks again!!! Love ya, Cece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you liked it! It's the sauce that makes it I think! (And cooking for a long time) I love sauce.... When are we going to lunch???

    ReplyDelete